Time for an Insurance Check-up!
Have You Checked Your Insurance Policies Lately?
It’s truly amazing how fast life changes. Every day, something new is happening or going on. The value of your home, the kind of car that you drive, how old your children are, who lives in your house with you. So, with all of that said, it’s important to review your insurance coverage regularly, to make sure that you are properly covering what’s currently going on in your life.
Beware of Automatic Renewals!
Understandably, many people don’t think they need to talk with their insurance agent about annual policy changes. It’s easy to ignore auto-renewals, but in order to ensure your protection is covering all of your needs, it’s a good idea to sit down with your agent every couple of years and do a comprehensive insurance review. It only takes a few minutes, and costs you nothing to review your policy.
A policy review will often uncover several areas of coverage that you may not have thought of before.
The Interview Checklist:
Some of the check-up questions we’ll ask you will cover the following:
- Have you ever considered increasing your deductibles to lower your premium?
- Are all licensed drivers living in your house listed on your policy?
- Have you installed any audio / video equipment in your car since purchasing it?
- Do you own any classic or antique cars you’re not insuring?
- Do you have any teenage children who will be getting licensed within the next year?
- Have you installed a burglar or smoke alarm in your house since you first insured it?
- Do you own any boats, motorbikes, ATV’s, golf carts, or dune buggies?
- Have you purchased any expensive jewelry, artwork, antiques, high-end cameras, silverware or collectibles that exceed $2500?
- Do you have any guns that you store in the house or at another location?
- When was the last time that you got a quote for Earthquake or Flood Insurance?
- Have you done any remodeling or added any additions to your house in the recent past?
- Do you operate a business from your home, or keep business equipment at home?
- Do you do any day care or babysitting services at your home?
- Do you rent any part of your home to other people on a permanent basis?
- Do you own a vacation home, beach house, or any type of second home?
- Do you have any domestic employees who work for you more than 2 hours a week?
- Have you added a swimming pool since you last reviewed your insurance?
- Have you acquired a dog since you purchased your insurance?
- Would you be interested in protecting your assets by purchasing an Umbrella Liability Policy that extends your Liability limits to $1,000,000 or higher?
If you have answered “YES” to any one of these questions, then it really is time to check your coverage.
Don’t let the fear of change slow you down from taking an action that will help protect you and your family. Contact us for a free quote for your home, auto or any other insurance needs you might have.
Get a Free Quote Now!
Our trained staff is standing by, ready to help.