Webinar, Jan 17th! Employment Law Update 2023: Pay Transparency & Continuing Expansion of Leave Rights
Webinar Sponsored by United Agencies Insurance
Please join us on Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 8:30AM-12:00PM (PST) for our upcoming event: “Employment Law Update 2023: Pay Transparency & Continuing Expansion of Leave Rights.”
2023 brings a number of new laws further expanding employee rights in California. The most far reaching is the heightened requirements for pay transparency – specifically, requiring most employers to include wage and salary ranges on job postings, and requiring larger employers to file detailed pay reports with the government.
In addition, the legislature has expanded leave rights in multiple new laws, including mandating unpaid bereavement leave and creating a new category of “family members” for both CFRA and paid sick leave. As the pandemic appears to be receding, modification of COVID era workplace requirements continues. However, employers need to understand which regulations remain in effect and take effective steps to maintain compliance.
This Legal Update will address new California laws, including:
- (SB 1162): Requiring posting of wage scales and pay reporting for larger employers.
- (AB 1041): Allows CFRA and paid sick leave to care for “designated persons.”
- (AB 1949) Mandates offering five days of unpaid bereavement leave.
- (SB1044): Prohibits retaliation against employees that leave work during emergency conditions.
- (SB 523) Protection against discrimination based on reproductive decision making.
- (AB 2188) Prohibits discrimination against off duty cannabis use, effective January 2024.
Cal-OSHA COVID regulations. Changes taking effect in January including:
- Expiration of COVID supplemental paid sick leave and pay if infection occurred at work
- Revision of definition of “close contact” in the work place
- Inclusion of COVID prevention plans in regular IIPP plans
- Reporting requirements for major outbreaks
About the Speaker
Erick Becker is a Senior Partner with Cummins & White specializing in helping employers stay compliant with the myriad laws and regulations governing employment. He represents employers in all facets of employment litigation, and has extensive experience handling matters before administrative agencies, including the NLRB, EEOC/DFEH, and California Labor Commissioner. He also advises employers on union issues, including maintaining union free status and contract negotiations.
Mr. Becker works with clients in a wide variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing, transportation, not-for-profit, and health care.
Mr. Becker has been a course instructor on “Human Resources and the Law” for the Human Resources Management program at the University of California, Irvine, and regularly speaks on employment and labor issues for industry and professional organizations.
After registering online, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. For any issues or questions contact Sarah Prince via Email.
If you would like to register via postal mail, click here to download the form.
Webinar brought to you by United Agencies via GoToWebinar. We hope you will attend!
Want to Sign Up for Future Webinar Events?
A team member will be happy to add you to our sign-up list!